We’re proof that business can be ethical and profitable.
LimeRed is a Certified B Corporation.
A Certified B Corporation meets rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, legally expands its corporate responsibilities to include consideration of stakeholder interests, and builds collective voice through the power of the unifying B Corporation brand.
Programs & Events
Nonprofit Board Match is coming in November of 2023: it’s an in-person event in Chicago to connect nonprofits with diverse board talent.
We use the B Assessment framework to develop our programming that aligns with our mission and values. We teach workshops, organize businesses, put on events, and write books to serve people and orgs that are mission-aligned. We have produced a podcast and run industry events to gather people and further missions.
We give our time and dollars to the organizations we care about. We strive to give at least 1% of our annual revenue.
Everyone at LimeRed is encouraged to volunteer and has unlimited vacation time to do so. We participate in advocacy and educational programs like MakeWork at SAIC, we teach free events, serve on boards, and we participate in our communities.
Last year we donated to:
Vendors & Partners
We prefer to work with vendors and partners whose values align with ours and are WBE, MBE, LGBTQ, or have another certification that proves their commitment to social impact.
We vet our suppliers on the following criteria:
- Mission: We prefer to work with companies whose mission aligns with ours.
- Competency: We’re committed to high-quality work.
- Diversity: We actively gather various perspectives on gender, age, race, and other criteria.
- Location: We prefer to work locally and have an impact on where we live.
We’re committed to making ongoing progress on our environmental impact.
We’ve partnered with Acylmate to measure and offset our carbon use and are always finding ways to improve our energy usage. As a service business, our carbon use is already small, but there are always ways to improve.
Policy & Advocacy
We actively lobby and organize around issues that we care about.
We’ve signed on to petitions and legislation as individuals and a company to help promote:
- Pay Equity
- Paid Family Leave for All
- Anti-racist Workplaces
- Universal Basic Income
- Abortion Access
- Medicare for All
- LGBTQ+ Rights and Visibility
- An End to Sexual and Gender-based Discrimination
- Voting Access
- And so so so much more.
We believe in transparency in corporate government. The LimeRed team meets regularly to review:
- Ways to improve our process and impact;
- New programs to strengthen our mission;
- Vendors and client mission alignment;
- Ways to improve our workplace and culture;
- Financial progress with an open books policy.